Suspicious incident Swingate Kimberley
At approximately 04:50 hours on 30/11/2017 three youths all dressed in dark clothing were disturbed trying to break into the extension at the rear of a property on Swingate
The caller heard his back gate open and his security light was triggered.
One of the males was seen to look through the extension window
Once the males realised they had been seen they ran off towards Clive Crescent where a vehicle was entered approximately 04:55
Please be aware and check that your security measures are up to date.
In light if this incident we would like to offer the following crime prevention advice:
- Ensure you lock your doors and windows even when you are in.
- Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors.
- If you have an intruder alarm make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
- Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device.
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables such as laptops on view.
- Take your keys to bed with you; don’t leave them in door locks or window locks, or in view of windows and doors.
PC 2446 Paul Toon-07525989434
PCSO 7168 Lara Holbrook-07525989435